It is important that the color in the different rooms around the house come together logically. Analyze each of the tones; determine which colors, and in what proportions, they complement each other to give the final result.
Here are ten household helpful hints for choosing room colors:
- Brighten up the darker spaces by painting the walls in pale colors.
- If you paint a high ceiling a dark color, will make it look lower.
- A light blue or a gray make a small room seem wider.
- Use the wall colors to mark off areas according to actives.
- Red and reddish tones are bold, exciting colors which stimulate movement. They are especially suitable for work areas.
- Yellows are warm, bright colors, ideal for dark spaces to make us feel cozy.
- Green is essentially linked to life; it reminds us of nature and is perfect for interiors we want to connect with outside.
- Blues are fresh, harmonious, and easy to combine. They remind us of vast extensions of sea and sky.
- To make a room more radiant, you can paint the walls in light colors and introduce dashes of color through the furniture, complements, and ornaments.
- Neutral colors like beiges and browns combine well with other tones and give the room a natural feel.
Color is clearly the most visible linking factor between separate rooms and is ideal for giving consistency to the decoration scheme of a whole house.